16有一个 人来 见耶稣 ，说 ：夫子（有古卷：良善的 夫子 ），我该做 甚么 善事 才能得 永 生 ？
16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
16 Verse 16. One came] Instead of εις one, several MSS., the
Slavonic version, and Hilary, read νεανισκοςτις, a certain young
Good, &c.] Much instruction may be had from seriously attending
to the conduct, spirit, and question of this person.
1. He came running, (Mr 10:17,) for he was deeply convinced of
the importance of his business, and seriously determined to seek
so as to find.
2. He kneeled, or caught him by the knees, thus evidencing his
humility, and addressing himself only to mercy. See Mt 17:14.
3. He came in the spirit of a disciple, or scholar, desiring to
be taught a matter of the utmost importance to him-Good teacher.
4. He came in the spirit of obedience; he had worked hard to no
purpose, and he is still willing to work, provided he can have a
prospect of succeeding-What good thing shall I do?
5. His question was the most interesting and important that any
soul can ask of God-How shall I be saved?