45谁 是 忠心 有见识的 仆人 ，为主人 所派 ，管理 家里的人 ，按 时 分 粮 给他们 呢？
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
45 Verse 45. Who then is a faithful and wise servant] All should
live in the same expectation of the coming of Christ, which a
servant has with respect to the return of his master, who, in
departing for a season, left the management of his affairs to him;
and of which management he is to give an exact account on his
Here is an abstract of the duties of a minister of Christ.
1. He is appointed, not by himself, but by the vocation and
mission of his Master.
2. He must look on himself, not as the master of the family, but
as the servant.
3. He must be scrupulously faithful and exact in fulfilling the
commands of his Master.
4. His fidelity must be ever accompanied by wisdom and prudence.
5. He must give the domestics-the sacred family, their food; and
this food must be such as to afford them true nourishment. And
6. This must be done in its season. There are certain portions of
the bread of life which lose their effect by being administered
out of proper season, or to improper persons.